Stefan Westerfeld wrote: > There are a few things that are not nice: > - currently mcop and artsflow are only loosely coupled - you can reimplement > the whole flow system easily with these changes, this will probably get > lost > - you'd need to implicitely #include , which could be quite > tricky (currently the user needs to do this) > - casting to SynthModule will succeed even if there is no reason to (from > what you'll read in the idl) > - kdoc will mess up the class hierarchy, so SynthModule will not be seen > in the inheritance hierarchy > - don't fix it if it ain't broken - these things work fine now, there are > quite some things which are showstoppers which are probably more important > to work at > > Well, if you want it anyway, go for it, but give me the changes for review - > good documented - before committing anything. Please complete the work OK, I'll think about it a little more then, and come back to you if I have a good proposal. > on the SmartWrappers and dynamic casting before in any case, as it is probably > easier when we complete one thing after the other, and not everything at the > same time. Agreed, the more important things (showstoppers) first. For all to know, I'll also mention here that I've commited the SmartWrapper=>Object merge, the dynamic casting stuff since it works (see example/testwrapper) and finally put the _base* constructors protected, created the Object::null() and done all necessary changes. Today is the day, today is Wednesday! Cheers, Nicolas -- A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author) _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia