List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: More MSOP stuff: dynamic casting and aliasing
From:       Nicolas Brodu <nicolas.brodu () free ! fr>
Date:       2000-05-15 15:36:15

nicolas.brodu@free.fr wrote:
> > Maybe aliasing should base on _node->virtualize?
>
> I totally agree. See above.

Hmm, in fact, alias isn't that good a choice. It's confusing, because your
virtual ports are really that, and not aliases (the example you posted where you
rearrange the group).

So, let's also drop the 'alias' name...

What would be necessary to allow the virtualize stuff to work with a syntax as
simple as the one I proposed? I mean, I had to created an AliasedObject for code
like:
Object o;
alias(o,"a_port",another_object,"another_port");

In that case, since o doesn't exist, you cannot call _alias^H^H^H^H^H^H
_virtualize on it. So I created a foo AliasedObject to serve as a support.
How did you solve this one?

Cheers,
Nicolas
--
A shortcut is the longest distance between two points. (unknown author)