List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Problems with aRtsc
From:       "Joseph WENNINGER" <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2000-04-28 9:30:12

I hope it's not offtopic on this list, but I don't know where to ask

I try to write a plugin for my favorite music-player under X (xmms), but I
have problems with the aRts C-API.

1) Is there a >>>>>reliable<<<<<< way to find out how many space is left in
the arts internal buffer ?

2) When I write data to the stream, the arts-C buffer runs full afer some
writes, but doesn't start playing, instead it segfaults in the write call. I
tried to wait for a certain time between the write calls, but it shows' the
same behaviour, because I first thought I produce too much load to the
server.
(Does someone know about such a problem ? I can't figure it out, I even
looked at the mpg-123 patch, but it didn't help

Hope somebody can help.

Kindly regards,
Joseph WENNINGER