Hi, As you may know, I'm now doing a KControl module to configure the midi device to be used by libkmid. The problem is that libkmid should read the config file ( ~/.kde/share/config/kcmmidirc ) and it needs to link to kdecore for that. I suppose that I'll finally do that, but just wanted to know first how aRts reads the configuration without having to link to kdecore, Stefan ? Did you implement some functions to read a KConfig file ? or do you write it in an "special format" ? Greetings, -- Antonio Larrosa Jimenez Student of Mathematics antlarr@arrakis.es larrosa@kde.org http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa KDE - The development framework of the future, today.