List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Qt note editor and LibKMid
From:       Joerg Anders <J.Anders () Informatik ! TU-Chemnitz ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-02 11:24:40

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Antonio Larrosa wrote:

> > The program is tested on S.u.S.E. Linux 6.2, Qt-1.44-62, and soundcard
> > AWE-64. I used egcs-2.91.66 . I tried to program machine independend. But
> > there is an "#include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/soundcard.h" which can
> > cause a lot of soundcard depencies. (???)) To tell the truth: Actually I
> > don't know how to control the /dev/sequencer device. I adopted some code
> > from other programs. So I can't guaranty the sound works on all soundcards.
> >

> Recently, libkmid was added to the kdelibs module. You can use it to play
> the music.

I integrated LibKMid in version 1.06 of note editor
(see http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~ja/noteedit/noteedit.html)

But I omitted the DeviceManager::initDev() method call.
It causes a troublesome tremolo and reverbation on my
AWE-64 soundcard. I don't know whether this can cause some
problems with other sound cards. (?)

BTW: I hear the same tremolo if I use kmid. Perhaps a guru
can review the code of DeviceManager::initDev().

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)