Hi! As you know, aRts isn't using CORBA anymore, but it is also not using DCOP. If you asked yourself: why? wouldn't that be easier? I've written something for you...: http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde/arts-mcop-doc/why-not-dcop.html To summarize, the issues I discussed are: - type concept - self describing interfaces of objects (interface repository) - integration of streaming - speed - protocol comparision - peer-to-peer vs. dcopserver routing - a (probably not quite good) benchmark - transparent usage as lib or remote - quality of service, stream transfer - MCOP doesn't use Qt By the way, MCOP is faster, and I have benchmarked it to 8000 synchronous invocations per second while DCOP does 2000 after my tests. Cu... Stefan -- -* Stefan Westerfeld, stefan@space.twc.de (PGP!), Hamburg/Germany KDE Developer, project infos at http://space.twc.de/~stefan/kde *-