List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: aRts as KDE2.0 audio server
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       1999-09-06 14:58:31

Hi,

I have tested arts-3.3 all I can say is that the performace
is incredible poor!
I was not able to play a single mp3 on my P166MMX.

Here is what I have done:

start artsbuilder
get from server "example_mixer_simple"
execute structure
start artsmp3

I had a cpu load of 75% and it clicks all the time.
Even it is very flexible, it should as well be fast enough
to play a single mp3.(IMHO)

I donīt know where the problem is, or if I have done
something wrong, but speed _is_ an issue for a multimedia
framework.

regards,

Martin