List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    kmix-improvements - status
From:       Daniel Faust <hessijames () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-04-22 13:29:41

Hi,

my name is Daniel Faust and I recently wanted to fix a layout problem in kmix
(bko 317646).
I then realized that it would need some dirty changes and I remembered Trever
Fischer's blog about his kmix-improvements branch.
Without having looked at the code in detail, it looks much cleaner and more
fun to work on than the current code.
The last commit is over 2 months old, though. So my question would be, what
are your current priorities and what are your ambitions towards a re-write?
Is it a matter of your free time? And would you welcome some help?

Another point would be the vision of a UI. I know that this can be quite
different for various people. I put some thought to how the kmix UI could look
like and made some mock-ups. I would rather like to not share them with you
right now, though, since I don't want to alienate anybody before talking about
the other questions.

I see that there are actually more people who would like to contribute to
kmix, but it looks like it's mostly about MPRIS2 and SoundMenu and the kmix
master branch.

It would be great if someone could fill me in on the current state of the
project.

Greetings,
Daniel Faust