2008/3/29 Konrad Materka <materka@gmail.com>:
Matthias Kretz napisał(a):
(...)
>>> Yes, write it like a library but for now just compile it into
>>> phonon-xine.
>> Parsing library is back-end independent, so it won't depend on xine.
>
> Good. You should probably make that a requirement - then it's really easy to
> take that code and use it in other backends or even in the frontend, should
> we decide to do that later on.

(...)
> The subtitle code should be able to provide masked QPixmaps, QImages, plain
> text and perhaps other formats like e.g. rich text (think Karaoke where a
> part of the text is colored differently). It will "push" that data out to the
> frontend where the application either handles it itself or uses the widget
> you will write as part of the Phonon frontend classes.

I was thinking about it (without Phonon) and I came up to the same
conclusion :) My libsubtitle was designed to provide pixmaps and some
text for widget and frontend application. Widget is in presentation
layer with some funtion control layer. Library (no matter if separated
or in Phonon) is in data layer with some controls.

Maybe provide a QTextDocument, you can draw on any painter device like pixmap, widget..
with the draw method and offer rich text rendering.
But yes, all subtitle thing (parsing/select the good) dont need
xine/gst/whatever, the only thing the developer need to provide is something to
sync the subtitle with audio/video

--
Sylvain "Skarsnik" Colinet

Victory was near but the power of the ring couldn't be undone