Ian Monroe napisaƂ(a): > I'm pretty sure it's your signature and the way you send messages > that's giving grief, so I confidently copy your message to respond to. > On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Matthias Kretz wrote: >> SpamAssassin doesn't like me today: >> http://vir.homelinux.org/stupid_spamassassin.mbox >> I didn't say whether the subtitle gets parsed in libphonon or in the backend. >> And I'm not sure at this point where it really should go. But ideally Phonon >> should be able to handle any media format, and that includes ext. subtitle >> files. >> >> For a start I'd put subtitle parsing in the backend. It's easier to move code >> from the backend to the frontend than the other way around. > > Given the Xine has no way to decode just subtitles, I suppose this > means he'd have to add the functionality to like phonon-xine. Perhaps > he could do it in a such a way that it'd be easy to add to other > phonon backends. > > Perhaps the ability to drag around subtitles could be in the frontend at least? Uh, I've just read this and I see it is getting warmer :) I wanted widget to have full control and for example capture mouse events. Of course, we can propose workaround. For example, dragging subtitles around: redirect some events or change subtitles positions in realtime... Simply, I (we!) have to make a choice - Phonon back-end or external widget. Phonon: + one to rule them all - loss of control Widget: + more control + could be used without Phonon + it was the first idea :) - another universal library (in Phonon mean) add more, correct if I'm wrong :) -- Pozdrawiam: Konrad Materka _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia