List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: phonon problem
From:       "Tanguy Krotoff" <tkrotoff () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-28 1:11:40

you can read this page:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/Windows/MS_Visual_Studio#Visual_Studio_2005_Express_Edition

Here is the platform SDK:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0baf2b35-c656-4969-ace8-e4c0c0716adb&displaylang=en

You also need to get DirectX SDK since phonon_ds9 relies on it.
PATH, INCLUDE_PATH must be properly configured and point to DirectX
SDK + Platform SDK + Visual Studio files.

Run ./configure from Qt with -v argument (verbose) so you can check if
phonon will be compiled for sure.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Ian Monroe <ian@monroe.nu> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:19 PM, K. Nimer <stormway@gmail.com> wrote:
> > where can i find the windows xp platform sdk
> > i need a link please
> >
> > and what i should do after i download an install the program?
> >
> > do i just go a head and use phonon?
> >
> > note:
> >
> > i use it with QT which is integrated in visual studio 2005
> > so i use it within visual studio 2005
> >

> > the example provided by QT keeps on giving me an error whcih says
> >
> > this error is produced while the program is running
> >
> > in the debug window
> > COULD NOT LOAD PHONON BACKEND
>
> We already explained that setting up Qt is offtopic to kde-multimedia.
> You might try qtcentre.org etc as you were told before. They would
> know more anyways.
>
> Ian

Tanguy Krotoff <tkrotoff@gmail.com>
+33 6 68 42 70 24