List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Cannot seek ogg flac files
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2007-01-17 19:11:02

   Hi!

On Sat, Jan 06, 2007 at 01:10:24PM +0530, Yogesh M wrote:
> Only one question to answer: *.mcopclass in xine_artsplugin have
> Preference = 4 and in akode_artsplugin have Preference = 6. What this
> implies? Prefer xine over akode or otherwise.

The object with the highest preference that satisfies the requirements
will be used. You can also query manually, on my system:

stefan@lotrien:~$ artsshell traderquery Extension=ogg Interface=Arts::PlayObject
xineAudioPlayObject
OGGPlayObject
Arts::GSLPlayObject

This means that on my system, xineAudioPlayObject will be used when an
application asks for a playobject for files with the extension ogg
(first result of the query gets used).

   Cu... Stefan
--
Stefan Westerfeld, Hamburg/Germany, http://space.twc.de/~stefan