List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    KRec for KDE4?
From:       Arnold Krille <arnold () arnoldarts ! de>
Date:       2005-06-01 19:10:15

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all,

while a similar subject came up on core-devel:

I would like to see KRec removed from KDE4 but currently I am unsure.

Why I am against KRec in KDE4:
 - aRts is dead.
 - I don't have time to maintain KRec since the last one or two years. I still
have ideas to complete it but no time...
 - Recording is not as straight-forward as writing a text since the settings
inside aRts and the hardware can be complicated. So a good UI and a good
handbook is needed.

What makes me think it should stay:
 - KDE needs some kind of basic recording-app. If the new multimedia-API can
provide some basic recording-facilities it is good to have an app like
kaboodle (in simplicity) but to do recording.

So if KRec stayed and the new mm-API provides this functionality I could think
about rewriting KRec into such a small app...

What do you think? Does anyone want to take maintainership of KRec?

Keep on hacking,

Arnold
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de
---