List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: patch: normalize effect for noatunarts
From:       Felix Berger <bflat1 () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-01-02 14:47:03

On Thursday 30 December 2004 15:53, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> So far it's easy, just check it out (the whole noatun subdir is branched)
> and create a patch for noatunarts. So far all I changed there was the
> namespace because namespace Noatun is taken already (it's what is/will be
> used inside libnoatun).

Ok, I attached the modified patch for the make-it-snow branch. I removed the
entry Arts::SynthModule from Normalize.mcopclass, thus it's no longer shown
in the effects widget. I don't know if that's the proper way to go, but I
think it's a good thing to hide the effect from the user since it's intended
to be only used through the Normalize plugin.

I had a little trouble getting the plugins to load without a config file. I
managed to get by by setting:

X-KDE-PluginInfo-EnabledByDefault=true

There are no hardcoded default plugins which should be loaded as a fallback
when the config file is empty.

> If it's in noatunarts then your normalize effect will only be available if
> the artsplayer plugin is loaded. I don't think I can manage abstracting
> effects from the audio backend as well (stuff like artsd, gstreamer, xine
> etc. are just way too different).

It would suffice to find out which backend is used and then use the
appropriate normalization effect which would have to be written for every
backend separately. But this would mean for the plugin to have build
dependencies to all possible backends, hm.

--
Use Debian GNU/Linux!
http://www.felix.beldesign.de/

["normalize2.tar.gz" (application/x-tgz)]