List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Sound plays on remote graphical login
From:       "Robert S" <robert_s () emailme ! net ! au>
Date:       2004-12-14 20:50:21

I am running kde-3.3.1,  gentoo, udev on an amd64 machine.  Gentoo uses pam
and I have disabled changes in permissions to the <sound> devices.  I have
set permissions on /dev/sound* to 660, root:audio to allow problem-free
sound.  All is fine except that sound now plays when I do a remote graphical
login (using "vncserver") - the sound now plays on my gentoo server.

Is there a way of temporarily disabling sound (ie arts server) for a remote
login session from the command line?  This command could be added to
.vnc/xstartup.

I have posted a question to the gentoo group, but have not had a reply.