Am Donnerstag 02 Dezember 2004 16:10 schrieb Stefan Westerfeld: > Hi! > > If you looked closely at my latest aRts commits, you probably already saw that > I almost didn't work on it lately. I thought quite a bit about this - as it is > hard to definitely stop coding on a long term project - but I came to the > conclusion that I will no longer work on it. I think its better to definitely > draw the line here, so that a new maintainer can be found and/or plans on how > to proceed without aRts for KDE can be made and implemented. Hi Stefan, thanks for all your work on arts. You helped KDE when I needed to drop out of kdemultimedia due to work related issues. You know I supported the idea of getting arts in KDE, and I am still convinced it was the right thing to do at that point of time. I know there was much work involved, and most of the work was yours - it sure wasn't fun all the time. I don't know how kdemultimedia will evolve until KDE4. Well, this is not completely true any more - Akademy has helped me a lot in making up my own mind: While going to Akademy completely uncertain, and leaving Akademy confused, I now have an idea what role KDE should play in the Unix/Linux MM world (no, I am not keen on starting a discussion on that now :). Hope to see you some time again. Bye, Chris PS: If you feel like it, code a nice Linux MM app. Just keep in mind: Do it for your own fun _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia