Hi! After my latest CVS update yesterday, amarok started to crash on startup, so I removed my personal config and started again. The first run wizard appeared and asked for media directories. I entered my /home/media containing aboug 23G of mp3's... From that moment on, amarok startup takes more than 10 minutes... It's loader gives up, telling that there is a problem, but the app is still running, consuming a lot of CPU cycles, and after 10 - 15 minutes the UI appears and the whole thing works :-). I think that such a big media archive is a common thing today and my Dual Athlon 1600+ machine cannot be considered as extra slow :-)))... So I'm afraid that something has to be optimized :-))) to satisfy its users :-). Or am I making a mistake somewhere ? With regards, Pavel Troller _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia