Hi, I'd like to inform you that the past few days, the GStreamer team was pleased to announce GStreamer 0.8.7, GStreamer Plugins 0.8.5 and GStreamer FFmpeg 0.8.2. Those three releases mark progress of GStreamer to become the de facto multimedia framework for the Linux and UNIX desktop, that we hope to be included in KDE 4 just like it is in GNOME already. GStreamer is now translated in 12 languages, includes over a 100 plugins with approximately 500 elements. With Totem (unfortunately GNOME-based) as a powerful video player (which is included in Fedora 3 Rawhide as of recently), and many popular audio players including Amarok, JuK, Muine and Rhythmox based on GStreamer, we believe that this is the real-world proof of our functionality. Please try out your favourite GStreamer-based media application and help us make subsequent releases even better. Particularly, we would like to invite everyone to create bug reports for every single failing media file. We will gladly fix them, so that your favourite GStreamer-based media player plays even those files in our next release. For downloads, bug reports, news items or documentation, please visit our website: http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/. Enjoy, Ronald -- Ronald S. Bultje _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia