On Thursday 09 September 2004 23:43, Scott Wheeler wrote: > On Thursday 09 September 2004 23:16, Christian Esken wrote: > > On Thursday 09 September 2004 21:54, Scott Wheeler wrote: > Well, uhm, this is the KDE project. ;-) Voting simply isn't effective > without the assumption that everyone's vote counts and counts the same. OSS > never works that way. It's always based on a concensus of those doing the > work. A vote wouldn't have any authority; I can't imagine anyone saying, I fully agree here. I just had the impression that nobody is doing the work right now. > > out some backends. Like doing a hacked up version of KAudioPlayer that uses > > MAS or GStreamer as backend. I'll probably do that myself ... even if half > > of the kde-multimedia people will after that throw stones at me :) > > But we've already done that basically. That's the whole point. The interface Well, this was not clear for me. On Akademy you talked about KDE bindings for a (now outdated) gstreamer version. > is already there, implementations for aRts and aKode are already there and > I've started on one for GStreamer; there's an empty dir for NMM. I did not know about any current efforts. Where would I find this stuff and activate it?!? I am pretty clueless at this point of time. > It really doesn't make sense to get into worrying about the sound server or > how we're going to handle /dev/dsp at the moment. That's a detail that in > every case is abstracted away by the backends -- whether we chose one > specifically or three it's always still not something we deal with directly. OK, this is a possible way. You can count me aboard. Greetings, Chris _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia