On Thursday 09 September 2004 9:12, Ronald S. Bultje wrote: > Hi Christian, > > On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 01:14, Christian Esken wrote: > [..] > > Nobody will use it. Face it. Xine won't, mplayer won't, XMMS definately > won't and thus the problem doesn't disappear. You just propose a new > extra layer that's supposed to solve an unsolvable problem and adds new > problems because of the fact that it *is* a layer. > > We can solve the issue for as far as our power reaches. We (GNOME and > KDE together) can try to work on a shared path towards one sound server > in GNOME 3 and KDE 4, and we can try to work on general media support > together. But that's it. You can't go further, and it's a waste of time > and effort to try. Well, and in fact I think that these guys are probably more likely to follow what we do rather than to agree to another library from us. Specifically I think we could probably both work together to figure out a default soundserver for both desktops and Freedesktop.org-ize that. Since there aren't any soundservers that are really closely connected with either desktop project I think we could probably do such in a reasonable fashion. -Scott _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia