List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: summary of the aKademy meetings
From:       Matthias Kretz <kretz () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-09-06 13:58:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 06 September 2004 10:34, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> On Montag September 6 2004 10:14, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > - Independent from the success of the multimedia Framework we chose. If
> > we decide to go for gstreamer only and then MAS becomes the preferred
> > multimedia system for Linux we're stuck with gstreamer - just like we
> > have it now with aRts.
>
> The only thing independent from the backend will be kdelibs.

And every program using kdelibs/kdemm, i.e. knotify, konq-sound previews (and
hopefully also video previews), kaboodle (to be ported after the video
interface is in place), JuK, hopefully all kdegames media requirements are
covered as well.
I don't want to cover special media apps. I want to cover the KDE core with
core apps like konqueror.

> Just make knotify use whatever "play" app is installed and be done, no API
> needed.

See above it's not about knotify only.

--
C'ya