List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    summary of the aKademy meetings
From:       tmattern () noos ! fr
Date:       2004-09-06 10:46:48

Hi,

> *) Backend
> - handles creating channels and players
> - manages a list of channels
> - reports on supported mimetypes
> *) Channel
> - essentially encapsulates a logical group of playable stuff
> - makes it possible to control the volume of such a group -- i.e. to set
> the volume for "notifications", "music" or "video" and have all apps
> using the framework respect this
> *) Player
> - basic player controls -- load, play, pause, stop, seek, volume, etc.
> - has a subclass, VideoPlayer that creates a QWidget for displaying video
> - outputs through a specific channel

Your API is a playback API, I'd like to hear why xine-lib (which is exactly an \
audio/video playback lib) is not evaluated as well. xine-lib is mature, supports a \
lot of formats, has good perfs, and is used by several audio and video players, \
including popular KDE apps like amaroK and kaffeine. Looks like a perfect candidate \
to me ;-)

thanks,
Thibaut