List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: summary of the aKademy meetings
From:       Matthias Welwarsky <welwarsky () archos ! com>
Date:       2004-09-06 8:24:49

On Monday 06 September 2004 05:18, Charles Samuels wrote:

> In other words, I'm strongly opposed to this kdemm stuff, and I highly
> desire that we choose a system and make it exclusively used by KDE (what
> amaroK does internally is its own business).

I think the approach outlined by Scott has the big advantage that it will give
application developers the choice over what framework to use for their
particular application. If you require NMM for Noatun, that's totally fine,
because the "rest" of KDE will happily coexists. But if we chose GStreamer as
the only option, distributions would have to integrate _both_, and that'd be
bloat, too.

> I personally like NMM the most, but that doesn't matter as long as we just
> pick one.

I personally found the NMM demonstration most stunning. I also envision that
it'll be easiest to integrate 'cause it's already C++ and thus has no need
for bindings - one less layer.

regards,
 matthias

This  email  and any  files  transmitted  with it are  confidential  and are
intended solely  for the use of the individual  or entity to which  they are
addressed.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are
not the  intended recipient,  any disclosure,  copying,  distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. E-mail
messages are not necessarily secure.  Archos does not accept  responsibility
for any changes made to this message after it was sent.