Hi, is anybody going to Akademy? I would really like to see a kde-multimedia meeting - it can be organized loosely, like a BOF. Many things could be discussed, like 1) The futute Audio-Server or Streamer. Things have been proposed, like NMM http://www.networkmultimedia.org . GStreamer OpenML http://www.khronos.org/openml/ (free, but probably not opensource) MLT http://mlt.sf.net (looks very early-stage) Keeping ARTS [...] What I would really like is: If somebody has used any of those products, it would be good if he could give out information of that. The presentation form is irrelevant at this point - show applications, make a speech, browse the web, ... Anyone capable and willing to do so? 2) Interaction of KDE applications How do Video-Players, Audis-Server(s) and Mixer(s) interact How can they share limited ressouces (Soundcard) How will they know about changes to the hardware (plugging in an USB sound card, Volume changes, ...) 3) any more stuff. I am aware that some people might already be on their way to Ludwigsburg, so I will try to announce a kde-multimedia BOF on Akademy. See you, Chris _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia