List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: New KMix - now also with working PanelApplet
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2004-06-20 12:17:12

On Sunday 20 June 2004 00:49, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Sunday 20 June 2004 0:24, Christian Esken wrote:
> > No, they hide automatically when the panel gets <51 pixels.
> > Oops, wrong value - I now took over the old value 32 again. It is commited.
>
> Cool.  It's getting pretty close now.  :-)
>
> The size hint for the width seems to still be a bit off though -- if I add
> channels the applet doesn't expand.  If I expand it manually it displays
> them, but they're just chopped off otherwise.

I now put Size-Hints and Size-Policies "everywhere" in the applet code. Alas - it did \
not help. Then I implemented widhtForHeight() and heightForWidth() as a KPanelApplet \
should do. Alas - it also did not help I worked 2 days, putting debugging info \
kdelibs and kicker and found out my widhtForHeight() would not get called at all \
appropiate times.

2 hours later I saw my stupid mistake - I declared:
int KMixApplet widhtForHeight();
instead of
int KMixApplet widhtForHeight() const;

Now it works (hopefully really). I'll scan the rest of KMix for missing const's and \
then commit the stuff.

Oh my, this was by far the worst part of the refactoring.

Chris