List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    KMix Update (Update :)
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       2004-06-15 2:21:23

Hi,

here is a little update on the KMix refactoring. I am nearly finished. \
About everything is running fine again. The user visible aspects are:

- New Switch View
- Resizing works 100% perfect (validation of panelapplet pending)
- Faster: At least it feels faster. And due to eliminating many signals and \
                copying less data, KMix has probably actually gained speed.
- several bugs from bugs.kde.org fixed including crashes

Many things already work better than before, but some things are still \
missing.

So here's my personal "Showstopper" list. If any of those items will not be \
done, I will not commit it before KDE3.3.

1) Get Switches working
This means: ALL switches: Record-LED's, MUTE-Switches and regular switches.
Currently only the DockAreaPopup MUTE-Switch is working.
This is the biggest work.

2) Get splitted sliders working
Non-splitted slider do work perfectly.
Splitted slider do update correctly (OSS), but you cannot change them \
yourself correctly. There might also be a small "balance slider" problem
This should be not much work.

3) Make "mouse wheel" work
Implemented and should work already, but currently only works on balance \
slider.

4) Volume Tip is 0% always
also kmixdockpopup must update volume.
Problem is known, ViewDockAreaPopup::refreshVolumeLevels() is not yet \
implemented.

5) Switches MUST be restored properly
Otherwise they might get a default (wrong) value, rendering the complete \
sound hardware useless (until all switches are restored).
Problem is known, implementation of saving/restoring switches is missing \
(not much work)

6) kmixapplet restoring
Must be extensively tested.

Chris