Hi, the amaroK development-team plans to add NMM support to their player soon. We are expecting that this process will be rather painless, since we have rewritten our audio interface recently to make it framework independent. We designed it specifically this way to provide a test-platform for different multimedia frameworks. Currently we are supporting aRts and GStreamer. Now we are looking forward to put NMM to a first practical test in a KDE environment. While basic audio functionality will probably be implemented easily, it will be interesting to see how well NMM maps to amaroK's more advanced features, like visualizations, audio effects and crossfading. With GStreamer so far this proved to be more difficult than expected, unfortunately. NMM support was planned right from the start when we designed the new audio engine, but we had quite some trouble getting it compiled and installed properly in the first place, which slowed down the plan somewhat ;) Hopefully NMM has matured a bit in the meantime, and we'll be able to consult NMM's developers a bit in case of implementation difficulties. Btw, great to see you on the list :) Mark. -- WWW: http://amarok.sf.net IRC: irc.freenode.net #amarok CVS: kdeextragear-1/amarok _______________________________________________ kde-multimedia mailing list kde-multimedia@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia