List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Media Options for KDE 4
From:       Zack Rusin <zack () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-02-23 17:30:45

On Sunday 23 February 2003 11:10, Neil Stevens wrote:

> > > C alone is one thing.  C + glib is another.
> >
> > Doesn't Arts use C+glib?
>
> aRts, at least in the public APIs, uses C++ and the standard library,
> which I listed as a con. :-)

With Tim's bindings so is GStreamer :)

> > (BTW I think that C+glib is more pleasant than 'pure' C - just
> > GObject sucks)
>
> And a GStreamer guy told me back when I was researching video options
> that GStreamer is firmly based on GObject.  Is that false?

Well it's true. But gstreamer is very well written and Tim's KDE
bindings already kick major ass. The GStreamer guys expressed many,
many times over that will do anything we want to help us adopt
GStreamer in KDE.
It's a fairly mature framework, with capabilities exceeding anything we
have. I think that GStreamer and Tim's bindings are the way to go.

Zack

--
Whatever kind of look you were going for, you missed.