List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: A quick recap of my experiences with Xine
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-28 5:30:50

torsdag 27 juni 2002, 05:27 am, skrev Neil Stevens:

> On Wednesday June 26, 2002 11:19, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > If -I- can't use video in Noatun, then I can't fscking develop my own
> > app.
>
> Well, have you compiled a debug build of xine, xine_artsplug, libartskde,
> and arts yet?  Have you come up with at least a backtrace of your
> segfault?

Yes.  It's a deadlock if I run it in gdb. ( I hate those!)

> If, hypothetically, Ewald hates you and is deliberately keeping it from
> working on your box, it'll fall on me to fix it.  For me to fix it
> requires at least a backtrace, so that I know where to begin looking.

Every backtrace I've tried leads to squat.

And, yes, yes, I have a stone age distribution.  Aren't we KDE people supposed
to be supporting a Linux from 2 years back?  Have we even tried this on
Solaris, or FreeBSD?

If xine needs a timer to work in arts, I can't imagine how bad mplayer code
has to be (which is supposetly worse. :]

--
Charles Samuels <charles@kde.org>
### <charles@altair.dhs.org> is obsolete, please update your addressbook.