List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: KDE/aRts strategy meeting
From:       Tim Jansen <ml () tjansen ! de>
Date:       2002-06-25 17:33:16

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 11:24, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> However, I've been thinking quite a bit how to go to the next level ;).
> It seems that aRts is doing a lot of things these days, mainly
>  - sound server
>  - media framework
>  - synthesis/music creation

IMVHO this could also be taken as an opportunity to look at one of the
existing sound servers (like JACK(jackit.sf.net)) and maybe a different media
framework (like a C++-wrapped gstreamer.sf.net).
If Gnome and KDE would use the same sound server this could create a de-facto
standard that could solve most of the problems people have right now with
linux/bsd/unix audio.

bye...