List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Using two digits in the track number
From:       Ismael Orenstein <ismore () ieg ! com ! br>
Date:       2002-06-04 19:07:45

On Tuesday 04 June 2002 15:18, Ryan Cumming wrote:

> On June 4, 2002 11:03, Ismael Orenstein wrote:
> > The following (ugly?) patch to metatag.cpp checks if we are setting the
> > "track" property of a PlaylistItem and forces it to use 2 digits, with
> > the '0' as the fill character. Please review it. :)
>
> Looks good, except the track number can (and will) be a string in Vorbis
> tags. The toInt() isn't a good idea in that case.

What you suggest?
Check if the QVariant can be cast to a Integer and, if that's the case,
transform it into a 2-digit number (and trust the Vorbis - and others - tag
loaders to do something like it) ?
Or ignore it and leave this problem up to the playlist writers?

Best regards,

--
Ismael Orenstein (UIN 1293061)
ismore@ieg.com.br