List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: error in flow/gsl/
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2002-05-26 6:28:32

   Hi!

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 01:41:51AM +0200, Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> > gsldatahandle-vorbis.c:153: warning: passing arg 3 of `ov_read_float'
> > makes integer from pointer without a cast
>
> OK, problem seems to be a change in vorbis-api :-/
> >From my /usr/include/vorbis/vorbisfile.h:
>
> extern long ov_read_float(OggVorbis_File *vf,float ***pcm_channels,int
> samples,int *bitstream);
>
> so ov_read_float needs 4 parameter ("samples" is new!)
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        41016 Mai  8 23:50
> /usr/lib/libvorbisfile.so.3.0.0
>
> So question is who to solve these compatibility problem?
> There is no vorbis version def in the header.

Does this happen with an officially released version, or with vorbis
from CVS? I don't think it makes sense to track changes they do to
the API in the CVS (they basically can change their API every day or
so between releases). So I'd like to wait for an official RC, before
adding a configure test.

As for how to fix it: if they don't supply a version define, then the
configure test will have to AC_TRY_COMPILE with either version and see
which works.

   Cu... Stefan