List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: [announce] xine aRts plugin 0.3-beta
From:       Ewald Snel <ewald () rambo ! its ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2002-05-18 7:52:36

Hi Charles,

[...]

> > Sorry for ignoring your reports, it was not on purpose.
>
> Sorry for being critical about it, I was trying to annoy Neil, not you :)

Oh, ok.  :))

> I thought it was something related to my not having Xvideo, and this would
> be consistent with that.
>
> For the record, I'm not using any noatun plugin at all (I like to test with
> mpeglibartsplay)

I have tried to run artsd from gdb with different X settings (color depth,
resolution), but I was not able to trigger the segmentation fault. I did fix
a segmentation fault for xine-0.9.10 (CVS) though, but that bug was not in
xine-0.9.9.

Perhaps you could post some of your system specs, maybe I could reproduce it
then. This is the system I'm running.

Red Hat Linux 7.3
 - Linux 2.4.18 (RH or installed from source)
 - glibc-2.2.5
 - gcc-2.96-110 (RH)
 - XFree86 4.2.0
 - Qt-3.0.3
 - artsd 1.0.0
 - KDE 3.0 (RH or installed from source)
 - xine-0.9.10 (CVS today)
 - xine_arts_plugin 0.3 (beta-7)

> Thanks :)

I really hope we can find and fix this annoying bug. :(

TIA.
bye,

ewald