List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Fwd: KDE's aRTs and VMWare
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-29 20:31:06

Probably belongs here... I don't think Hetz is subscribed here though, so keep
him CC-ed.

Martijn

Subject: KDE's aRTs and VMWare
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:54:38 +0300
From: Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz@kde.org>
To: kde-devel@kde.org

Hi People,

I'm trying to play a bit with aRTs and with VMWare (to see if I can capture
the sound out of vmware, or maybe to tweak it a bit)...

I've tried to run: artsdsp vmware

This is running, but according to arts-control - the aRTs doesn't get
 anything out of it. I have also tried artdsp xmms for testing (with the oss
 driver) - this time it seems aRTs is indeed routing the sound and plays it
 (with a small problem - when I stop XMMS, aRTs keeps playing for 1 more
 second)..

My question: how can I force VMWare to output the sound through arts? is
 there a way to record what arts is getting?

Thanks,
Hetz