List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: xine aRts plugin
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-28 9:39:10

On Saturday 27 April 2002 22:35, Ewald Snel wrote:
> Hi Neil,
>
> > I think we should put the KVideo stuff into libartskde and the
> > xine_artsplug into kdemultimedia.  It seems to me that the public
> > interfaces of this Xine playobject and embedding are general enough that
> > any future video efforts should be able to conform to them.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> It sounds like a good idea to me. ;)
>
> Maybe some of the implementation specific parts, like the X11 communication
> atoms, should be moved to a private class (outside the public header).

Hi guys,

ok i looked into all these interfaces and except some X11 stuff I like it :)
But....

KVideoWidget is not general enough, we need to respect aRts in general
when looking @ arts + video.

So my idea having a
Arts::VideoWidget in arts/video (new directory)
and Arts::KVideoWidget in libartskde

just like Arts::InputStream and Arts::KIOInputStream

That would allow Arts::GVideoWidget or sth like this.

What do you think?

Bye
 Bye
  Niko