List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Video notes - mplayer
From:       Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-04-27 17:57:12

Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 03:34 schrieben Sie:
> On Tuesday 23 April 2002 20:15, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/
> >
> > Apparently mplayer is now legal to distribute in binary form.  If
> > someone's interested in working on another thread of Video
> > development around mplayer, now's the time to begin.
>
> I started about four days ago, but MPlayer is not as much suitable as an
> engine as it is as a player. I'm just switching the GTK+ Gui that
> mplayer is using in the current form to KDE, which is a rather
> ungrateful job, due to a rather close coupling between the engine and
> the Gui ( Ogle is super cool in that aspect ).
>
> Zack

Hi!

Can you just use the plain console mplayer, and control mplayer via the new
input schema ("mplayer -input cmdlist" or "mplayer -input keylist")? I don't
know if the new input system depents on gtk. But is easy to control mplayer
with lirc (www.lirc.org), so it should be not that hard to control it via a
KDE GUI?!

Bye

  Thorsten