List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Arts::Video
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-04-10 15:15:07

Hi there,

no-one (hi neil...) seems to consider Arts::Video
as an alternative. I think it's easier doing something
new from scratch then adding tons of wrappers around
some c code...

Please look into kdenonbeta/arts-video and it's docs.
Whitepaper can be found there.

Xine is not the way to go as we could never do
real video editing with it.

And please don't think the way, i want xyz
to play my movie. This is a long-time design
decision.

I completely agree with Martin, let's forget
"i wanna play dvd's" and start from scratch.

Planning Arts::Video.

Bye
 Bye
  Niko

P.S. Xv output is nearly ready for kdenonbeta/arts-video

--
Nikolas Zimmermann
wildfox@kde.org