List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    RE: arts-video timescale?
From:       Simon MacMullen <simon.macmullen () aspect-proteus ! com>
Date:       2002-04-10 14:16:23

From: Rob Kaper [mailto:cap@capsi.com]
> Hm, use qxEmbed to embed the video window the first time :-)
>
> (I know, that sounds easier than it is)

Isn't that what KXAnim does? Anyway, the point is, the video has to actually
be on screen (if you put it at -5000,-5000 the screen grab doesn't work),
and better still there's no way for xanim to signal to KXAnim that the video
has loaded, so there's a race condition that can't be fixed.

But I have a lot of video clips recorded on my digicam, so I had to write it
:)

From: Neil Stevens [mailto:neil@qualityassistant.com]
> Don't wait on KDE video.  It might be in KDE 3.1, it might not be.

Ah. OK.

Cheers, Simon