List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Kmixer problem
From:       Ron Keller <rakeller () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2002-03-19 19:25:25

I have a Linux_From_Scratch-3.1 system running kde. I downloaded
all of the suggested packages for kde-2.2.2; and I have a
problem with kdemultimedia - specifically, Kmix.  I have been
unable to solve this problem, and I am asking for help from
anyone in the group.

The problem is that there is no "Mixer" in the "Sound" portion
of the KDE Control center.  So I am unable to save current
volume levels.  When I launch kmix from the desktop, there is no
"Save current settings" option in the File menu, as there is in
my RedHat machine running kde-2.2.1.  The mixer does work, but
if there were some way to set levels from one KDE session to
another, that would be very nice.  I would really appreciate any
help you can offer.  Thank you

Ron