List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Arts newbie question
From:       Jason Wood <jasonwood () blueyonder ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-03-15 1:40:47

Hi,

I'm having trouble finding out the length of a file loaded into an
Arts::PlayObject. The player loads the file and I start it playing, but when
I call overallTime(), and output the resultant poTime, like in the code
below, I always recieve the same result :

Time for file is 0.0 and custom name  is 2.58052

(the name is blank)

I assume that there is something that I have not done, but I have looked
through the manual, multimedia chapter of the book, mcop documentation, etc.
and cannot find anything that seems to be related.

What am I doing wrong?

Jason

    QFileInfo fileInfo(m_url.directory(false, false) + m_url.filename());

    player = factory.createPlayObject((std::string)fileInfo.filePath());

    player.play();

    Arts::poTime time(player.overallTime());

    cout << "Time for file is " << time.seconds << "." << time.ms <<
        " and custom name " << time.customUnit << " is " <<
        time.custom << endl;

--
Jason Wood
Persistence is a virtue