List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: removing VideoPlayObject
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 21:29:32

On Wednesday February 27, 2002 12:23, Charles Samuels wrote:
> A while ago, Niko, Neil, and I agreed to remove VideoPlayObject, as it's
> so unreliable that it shouldn't even be used, and we might as well
> remove it as to be able to cleanly preserve BC in later versions.

.. and I still agree.  Binary Compatibility means never having to say
you're sorry, because you didn't break the APIs in the first place.  So
let's not have an API that's soon to be replaced in there.

> This patch does so in kaboodle, mpeglib, and arts.  Noatun also has a
> video.cpp which I'll be removing from compile.

Kaboodle patch committed, with the modification so it doesn't break. :-)

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.