List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: seeking in playobjects
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2002-02-25 14:06:00

   Hi!

On Sat, Feb 23, 2002 at 04:42:50PM +0100, Martin Vogt wrote:
> The file is closed after it was played, this
> is the reason why you cannot seek to the beginning.

Can you fix this (or anybody else)? A PlayObject isn't supposed to close its
media upon halt() just as a CD player or tape deck doesn't eject its media if
you press the stop button (which is the real life equivalent to halt()).

I.e. Arts::WavPlayObject does:

    void halt() {
        _state = posIdle;
        flpos = 0.0;
    }

which is "stop playing" and "seek to the beginning".

Btw, I just reverted the "mpeglib wav player as default" change, because if
it won't be able to play short files, it will break system sounds, and its
probably a bad idea to ship KDE3.0 with broken system sounds.

   Cu... Stefan