List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: H.323 Support in aRts
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2002-02-11 18:03:51

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 04:24:46PM +0000, Jono Bacon wrote:
> On Monday 11 February 2002 4:23 pm, Tim Jansen wrote:
> > On Monday 11 February 2002 14:58, Jono Bacon wrote:
> > > I don't know if this is a sensisble question, but is there any plan for
> > > H.323 support in aRts so a GnomeMeeting/NetMeeting equivileent could be
> > > coded?
> >
> > No, arts doesn't even have video support right now. There is a project
> > called konference (http://konference.sourceforge.net/) that's working on a
> > OpenH323 client though.
>
> Well I have been looking at some voice over IP and video over IP clients like
> Gnome Meeting and Konference, and I would b interested in possibly writing
> one, but I wanted to write one with aRts support, hence the question.
>
> Is it ultimately planned to be in aRts?

First arts need some kind of video support, a first start
including an XOR image filter in arts is libav.

http://mpeglib.sourceforge.net/download/

Nevertheless you can already write the codec.
The mpeglib or xine plugin only pipe the audio data
back to arts.
This can be the first solution, real video support is comming
but this takes some time.
If you want you can join team blue :)

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-multimedia&m=101208418317577&w=2

regards,