List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    xmms and aRts
From:       Scott Wheeler <scott () slackorama ! net>
Date:       2002-01-31 7:20:46

I know I'm being a heathen and all using XMMS (my use of media player depends
on my mood), but I've noticed that XMMS crashes a lot on SuSE 7.3 using the
aRts plugin, so I decided to track it down.  I ran it with gdb and sure
enough after a few tracks it crashed.  Here's a trimmed version of the output:

[...]
[New Thread 8201 (LWP 13879)] <-- it does this every time a new track starts
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 13879.
LWP 13879 exited.
LWP 13189 exited.
[New Thread 9226 (LWP 27361)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 27361.
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
[New Thread 10251 (LWP 27362)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 27362.
LWP 27362 exited.
LWP 27361 exited.
[New Thread 11276 (LWP 7062)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 7062.
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
[New Thread 12301 (LWP 7095)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 7095.
LWP 7095 exited.
LWP 7062 exited.
[New Thread 13326 (LWP 28318)]
Delayed SIGSTOP caught for LWP 28318.
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
MCOP ObjectManager: can't find implementation for Arts::X11GlobalComm.

[Switching to Thread 13326 (LWP 28318)]
0x40bd792a in Arts::GlobalComm_base::_create () from
/opt/kde2//lib/libmcop.so.0
(gdb)

So, there's the bug.  I'm guessing this is a problem with the plugin, so I'm
CCing the author, but since I figured that there's a chance that this is an
aRts problem that I'd at least check with you fine folk.

Oh, and even though I'm not running KDE3 right now, I've gotten the same
behavior when I am.

-Scott