List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Video Planning Meeting
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2002-01-26 17:34:57

On Saturday January 26, 2002 03:01, Martin Vogt wrote:
> This is a longer articel about what I think a new
> aRts video MM system should have.
> I don't think that anybody really reads it, but it can
> be helpfull if someone starts to code this support for aRts.

Thanks a bunch, I'm sure reading it. :-)

>    Result:
>    Arts need to get a method to pass the images by reference,
>    its not usefull to transfer images by value.

Adding more credibility to one idea I have, that the video server needs to
use a different mechanism, in the style of aRts but not the same as arts.

> Well, I think these are the essential things the arts video system
> needs to have. I'm not speaking about implementation and demuxers
> and video codecs.

I see what you mean, and I think I agree.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.