List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Kscd unable to play home-burned audio CD's
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-01-08 16:01:05

I get a lot of problems when trying to play a home-burned audio CD with
kscd. Most of the time, when clicking on play, it automatically switch
to Pause and you can't do anything. Clicking on Play/Forward/Backward or
whatever always gets you bakc to Pause state. Sometimes, you even hear
the very first note of the audio track before it switch to Pause. This
only happens with home-burned CD.
The kscd debug output is:

kscd: setDefault called with Default
QDir::readDirEntries: Cannot read the directory: /home/goffioul/.kde3/share/apps/kscd/cddb
CDTEXT INFO: use GET_FEATURY_LIST(0x46)...
CDTEXT ERROR: GET_FEATURY_LIST(0x46) not implemented or broken. ret = -1!
CDTEXT INFO: GET_FEATURY_LIST(0x46) ignored. It's OK, becose many CDROMS don't implement this featury
CDTEXT INFO: try to read, how long CDTEXT is?
CDTEXT ERROR: READ_TOC(0x43) with format code 0x05 not implemented or broken. ret = -1!
CDTEXT INFO: free_cdtext_info() called

I'd be glad to see this fixed as it is *very* annoying. Is it necessary to say
that any other tool can play those CD: hi-fi equipment, Windows, Linux console
tools (didn't try with gtk tools).

Michael.