List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: playing an mp3 with arts -> header information
From:       Scott Wheeler <scott () slackorama ! net>
Date:       2001-12-15 8:32:47

Ok, a few comments:

Do you have the code for this publicly available yet?  It would be nice to be
able to handle my headers in Qt based C++.

Did you find a good class to start from?  I've looked some online and was
thinking about looking through the source for FreeAmp to get a starting point.

I'm just curious; why would you implement this in KDE libs instead of in aRts
and then using the methods in aRts in the KDE libs?  I wouldn't think that
the KDE libs would be very useful in an implementation of something like this.

I guess for me it would be especially nice if this happened to get
incorporated into aRts since QTagger isn't a KDE application, but rather
strictly Qt at the moment (though I'm considering a KDE port).  Right now I'm
not linking to the KDE libs and probably won't until I'm ready to do a full
port.

Thanks for your feedback.  I really do appreciate it since I'm so new with
this whole aRts programming thing.  ;-)

-Scott