List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: playing an mp3 with arts -> header information
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2001-12-14 15:18:26

   Hi!

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:05:09PM +0100, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 12:18:40PM +0100, Martin Vogt wrote:
> > >
> > length in seconds, yes. bitrate id3 etc. no.
>
> Rolf Magnus and me are working on this for KDE 3.0.

Hm - wouldn't it be nice to have it alongside /with/ the Arts::PlayObject? I.e.
making it an aRts mechanism, and not a KDE library? I think adding a seperate
mechanism not based on aRts idlish interfaces might be suboptimal for the
developer (in fact I was wondering this when you checked in kfile* for the
first time already, but until now, forgot to ask ;).

   Cu... Stefan