Hi,
    no sweat, I got a work around for it. It seems that the playlist was pointing to a file that nolonger existed, and the option to automatically play songs in the playlist, I opned the playlist file which is saved under the <user home>/.ked/noatun/config section (i think) and removed the path to the nonexistent file. I also set the auto play off.
 This enabled the K media player to play normally.
But the bug that causes it to crash if the file is invalid/nonexisting should be fixed.
Rahul