List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Hayes update
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-12-11 13:35:44

I've recently been informed of a new thing in kio, KFileMetaInfo, that
loads meta-information from files, that as described to me makes obsolete
Noatun tag loading.

So, I will write Hayes to use this system, ignoring Noatun's system.  This
means:

1) Delay, as I will take advantage of the opportunity to simplify Hayes
further, simplify the file format.  Also, the KFileMetaInfo interface
isn't frozen yet.

2) I doubt Charles will still want Hayes under noatun/, as it will be
grossly non-Noatun.  I'm favoring kdelibs standardization over libnoatun
standardization.

3) Tron users will be very disappointed in KDE 3, maybe.

Again, I don't care if someone else resurrects Tron.  I'm just not going
to do it.  I'm really not in the mood to waste my time writing code to a
redundant API in Noatun.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.